Tuesday, 4 April 2017

Twenty-plume Moth and Early Grey

After not seeing any moths for a long time, just after midnight last night, Anne spotted a moth outside our door. I had to use the zoom lens on my FZ72, as I'm not able to climb ladders yet. The shot isn't great, I had to crop it a lot to get it, but it's OK. It was an Early Grey, and a first for me, I'm very pleased. They seem to be the flavour of the month just now looking at the posts in this blog.

Then I saw a Twenty Plume on the inside of the door, I got a reasonable macro shot. It's only the second time I've seen one I think they are so lovely.

In the bathroom I found an White Shouldered House Moth - Endrosis sarcitrella. By the time I'd got the camera, it had hidden somewhere, I didn't find it. Three moths! I suppose the warmer weather is bringing them out.

Twenty-plume -
 Alucita hexadactyla

Xylocampa areola - Early Grey

I'm looking forward to seeing more new-to-me moths this year.


2 comments:

AndyC said...

Twenty plume is a great photo ,

Gordon Jackson said...

Thank you Andy, I think they have to be my favourite moth.